May 24, 2014

The Little Things

I sent this text message to Hannah one day: "Hey, will you be praying for me?  It's been a really rough day :/"

Not 10 seconds later my phone was buzzing with an incoming call from one of the best friends on the planet.  I was at work and couldn't take it.  So I let it go to voicemail.  She said she had expected it to go to voicemail, and then.... and then she proceeded to leave me a voicemail prayer.  I listened to it at work.  (NOT a good idea). I nearly lost it.  My Father in heaven loves me so much.  He speaks through people all the time.  It's amazing.  So she prayed for me, and it was the strength I needed to get through the day. 



Today, one of my favorite Germans  (You all are AMAZING btw) texted me and asked me to pray for her.  And from across the sea that seperates her and me I got to pray for her.  For the same thing that I am struggling with today - feeling alone.  How amazing a God we serve.  So Naoms reaching out to me was really God-in-flesh stretching out His hand and saying neither of you are alone.  


So, in short - You are not alone.  And that mountain looming in front of you?  Just remember it only takes one step at a time to scale, and a God who is walking in front of you, holding out His hand and simply saying, "Come." 

No comments:

Post a Comment